John Pawson – Perspectives is essentially a tool for viewing – The British architect John Pawson was invited to create an installation inside St Paul’s Cathedral. In collaboration with Swarovski he installed crystal lens and mirror in the centre of the space. The set up allow to see the beauty of the place in another way and reveal the original building with a degree of subtlety.
The installation is designed to be as simple and visually refined as possible, but the focus of the project falls not on the physicality of the object itself, so much as how this object enables people to see in a different way.
This piece was called “Perspectives” and was formed part of the 2011 London Design Festival. Now, Pawson’s installation is in Venice’s Basilica di San Giorgio Maggione. The 16th century Basilica is an impressive building, created by architect Andrea Palladio. The installation has been placed beneath the central cupola. The idea was that the viewers could look and appreciate the Basilica with fresh eyes. The “Perspectives” offers a dynamic visual experience of Palladio’s architecture.
- 2-agences-quebecoises de design présentes à New York
- Confluence Lyonnaise
- Krymskaya embankment moscow
- Les freres Bouroullec
- Le velo objet d’art
- Philippe Malouin un designer quebecois s’illustre au Royaume uni
- Réorientation du lego architecture ludique
- Sidim en ville
- Structures gonflables du futur
- How to visualize the architecture in another way
- Cabin in a loft
- Cape Town world design capital 2014
- Terri Chiao
- I-BEAM Architecture
- Gabriel Scott et Kino Guérin